Corcoran GROWS is a group of concerned neighbors who believe tough environmental problems can be addressed by our neighborhood coming together to learn, share, and support one another. In order to accomplish our goals, we are using the Transition Town framework and its 12 step process.
The mission of Corcoran GROWS is to unleash the potential of its neighbors, through a variety of efforts that empower our community to work together toward greater self-reliance. The goals we seek to accomplish are to:
- Educate each other about global resource depletion by sharing our knowledge, skills, and resources at the local level.
- Advocate for personal and collective actions that sustain and improve life for present and future generations.
- Rejuvenate relationships with ourselves, our neighbors and the land.
Corcoran GROWS presents: Night with a Neighbor - Sandy Spieler
Feb 24, 7-9pm
Clare Midtown, 3105 23rd Ave. S
Sandy Spieler, Corcoran neighbor and long time worker with In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theater, will share her many years of passionate work for the Water that Connects the World. Sandy's creative approaches seek to open heart, mind, action and joy for the care of the Water. She will share a photo-rich presentation of 30 years of work for the Water utilizing many different forms of engaging the public. We will explore why water matters and how it plays out in our neighborhood, examining aspects of quality, quantity and ownership of water. This presentation will spark ideas and discussion of what WE can do to raise awareness and to take action on behalf of Water in our own Corcoran community.
- Backyard Genius Tour & Potluck–Sunday, July 31st July 31, 2016Corcoran Grows welcomes neighbors to come out to our summer Backyard Genius Tour & Potluck. Sunday, July 31 Schedule: 2:00 – 4:45 pm: Backyard Genius Tour Meet at 3540 Longfellow Ave. We will have plenty of time for questions and stories about the yard projects. 5:00 – 9:00 pm: Potluck Party with Open Mic: 3220 […]Oscar Del Sebastien
- Planning Potlucks – Monday, April 11th March 18, 2016Join us for our monthly planning potlucks. Next one: Monday, April 11th, 6-8:30pm @ Oscar’s home (3509 25th Ave. S.) We use these dinners to come together at a group, enjoy our meal and discuss future ideas, plan and organize currently planned events and get to know our neighbors. These are rotating events and the […]marissa
- Welcome! March 18, 2016After a short internet hiatus we are back! Use this website to check out who we are, what we are up to and how you can get involved. We welcome fresh faces and want to get as many Corcoran neighbors involved in our goal to build a resiliant neighborhood to transition from a extraction-based economy […]marissa