This is a group for people who live in the Northern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul, primarily Coon Rapids, Blaine, Brooklyn Park, Shoreview, Andover, Anoka, Ramsey, East Bethel, Fridley, New Brighton, Stillwater, Minneapolis, and St. Paul. Most of our gatherings are held in Coon Rapids or Blaine and typically from 5 to 15 people will attend a gathering. Everyone is welcome!
Our group is in the “mulling” stage, trying to figure out if we want to become a formal Transition initiative. We try to follow the Transition model and find the concepts of peak oil and climate change big motivators in driving us to change the way we live.
We have been meeting since the fall of 2013 and have grown to about 40 people. We typically meet every other Monday evening in homes, local coffee shops, parks and various community meeting places.
Group members come together to share ideas and support each other in transitioning to simpler. more conscious ways of living in community with our neighbors and our ecosystem. Activities include:
- Watching movies
- Sharing gardening knowledge and the bounty of our gardens
- Learning to forage
- Helping each other implement permaculture practices in our yards and gardens
- Sharing resources
- Sharing ideas and talking about climate change and peak oil
Because of the large area our members come from, we tend to focus more on connecting with the people that come to our gatherings than we do on connecting with institutions in our communities.
The best way to find out when and where we will meet next is to join our email list. Send a request to Tom Jablonski. We also have a Facebook page (see sidebar) and a blog at: http://transitionnorthtc.blogspot.com/ (see the most recent three posts below). And for those without regular access to the internet, feel free to give Tom a call at 763-807-3698 and he will be glad to give you telephone updates.
- Wednesday February 8th 2017 Transition TC Gathering February 6, 2017We will be meeting Wednesday evening February 8th, from around 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the new Blaine Cub Foods located at 10881 University Avenue NE, which is at the South-east corner of the intersection of University Avenue and 109th Avenue in Blaine and Northdale Blvd in Coon Rapids. I believe they have a conference […]Tom Jablonski
- Tuesday January 10th Meeting January 6, 2017I reserved the meeting room at the Blaine Leeann Chin for this coming Tuesday January 10th. The address is 1450 109th Avenue NE, Blaine, MN adjacent to the Target at 109th Avenue and Highway 65. The meeting should last from around 6:30 to 8:30 p.m..I have some “business” type agenda topics I would like to […]Tom Jablonski
- Wendell Berry – On The Failure of Industrialism. December 23, 2016An Excerpt From a the October 22nd, 2016 Annual E.F. Schumacher Lectures in Great Barrington, MA of a conversation between, Wendell Berry, Wes Jackson, and Mary Berry. Transcribed from the You Tube video available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxnEDVyCjyY. From the 27:26 to 29:34 minute mark.I think what we’ve got to learn to say, and we’ve got to […]Tom Jablonski
Transition North Twin Cities
The group is not yet using a Google calendar. Please see their blog posts for updates on activities.