Get Ready for Evacuate: Week 17
Bring All Your Identification
Document preparedness is overwhelming to many, so we are going to break it down into really small pieces and it will take us four weeks to finish this part. This first week, let’s get our identity archived.
Take a picture of the fronts and backs of everything in your wallet, plus a few other pieces of identification:
- Drivers license
- Credit cards
- Work identification
- Social security card
- Passport, green card, or residency authorization
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates
- Marriage licenses
- Divorce decrees
- Adoption papers
- Child custody agreements,
- Estate planning documents
Email the pictures to yourself so they are archived in your email.
Print 2 copies.
- Put one in a file of important papers. This could be a 3-ring binder or even a safety deposit box at a bank.
- Put the others in a ziplock bag. That bag will eventually go into your go-kit (more on that later).
That’s it! Easy—Just Do It!